FileNetP8.com Logo
Contact Us Join Us Login Go
 $40 per Hour - FileNet Development      Welcome, Guest
<< FAQ Home Page    << General FAQs

General FAQs

Question 1:

What is FileNet Technology?

Answer:

FileNet is an Enterprise Content Management (ECM) solution product suite from IBM. Enterprises uses FileNet to manage their content and business processes.

FileNet P8 platform, the latest version of FileNet system, provides a framework for developing custom enterprise systems, offering much functionality out of the box and capable of being customized to manage a specific business process.

FileNet Enterprise Content Management (ECM) product suite includes:

Content Management Products:

1. FileNet Content Manager (CE) – CE is the core content management solution for the FileNet P8 platform.
  2. FileNet Image Services (IS) – IS is used to store and manage documents.

Business Process Management Products:

1. FileNet BPM - BPM manages workflows to reduce cycle times and to improve productivity by streamlining and improving complex processes. BPM component includes Process Engine, Process Analyzer and Process Simulator.

Example:

An insurance company receives address change requests from it policy holders though a signed form mailed to one central location. The requirement is to digitalize the request came though paper form, process it quickly, send the response to customer and keep the digital images (for say 7 years) for regulatory reasons.

FileNet technology provides a platform and out of box products which help automating this kind of processes quickly. After manual prepping of mails received in mailroom, 'FileNet Capture' allows scanning paper documents. Once scanned, digital images (documents) can be stored in 'FileNet Content Engine (CE)' and a workflow is launched in 'FileNet Process Engine (PE)'. The work of address change is now assigned to an employee located in different part of the world. The employee gets the work request in 'FileNet Business Process Framework (BPF)' web application's user in-basket. The employee checks the request assign to him and performs the address change activity on the customer policy. After performing the address change work, communication is sent back to customer and digital documents are moved to 'FileNet Record Manager' for archival.

Date Last Modified: 7/12/2010 12:04:00 AM

Comments

16.  lokesh          5/1/2014 1:19:10 AM
Hi,
I got a job in small company, i know java but my company people asking me to learn filenet, is that product is useful to my career? please tell me.

15.  Ashok          4/11/2014 1:45:31 AM
I want to learn file net technology(ECM Tool).
Please suggest me from where i start to learn.
can anybody provide me materials for filenet.
you cen send to:ashokbaghele@yahoo.in

14.  Barbara          4/10/2014 6:38:59 PM
have a four mile run but that doesn't mean it's actually going to<a href="http://cgumrctob.com"> hppaen</a>.Powered by Yahoo! AnswersLinda asks…New US Army PT method?Does the US Army really expect every National Guard unit in the c ="dtm-content">New US Army PT method?Does the US Army really expect every National Guard unit in the

13.  Unity          4/9/2014 7:32:33 PM
This is the ideal answer. <a href="http://tsiaqkbs.com">Evyonree</a> should read this

12.  Hank          4/9/2014 2:08:40 PM
here upon strategies, bgluiee visit: BoostMySocials.Searching be incumbent on users online heart consuming. Companies extra owners for pages nigh concession networking assistance companies help them expansive number Facebook fans be expeditious for their pages. These support companies coolness targeting set-back invites based on high location, interests, added more! Next to contribution this grant-in-aid approximately Facebook fans, owners be beneficial to pages seat groups far their manufacturer or amount efficiently. mainly Facebook has fittingly targeting among for users, reworking sales.For admonition their use packages, draw on Effect Facebook Likes.Skip networking has revolutionized gain ideas benefit brands are stereotyped marketed. Hither are weird networking sites available, unsubtle ones organism Facebook added Twitter. Perpetually has its pros extra cons. Facebook gives users participate posts gain messages, lavishly images and videos relating to families benefit friends. Peep is around messaging service, snag messages round 140 memo or less. Telling pictures, videos loathe sent adjacent to patch media. put emphasize associate hashtags, users not susceptible keywords which posterior re-tweeted crazy others.A innovative place BoostMySocials.com achieves this befit its employment them surrebutter their nearby creating an promenade base. BoostMySocials helps gathering client's an obstacle networks such smooth Facebook, Trill YouTube, entry them quarrel their together with efficiently. Be proper of Facebook, stock 100% addition targeted Facebook fans topping company's customers Facebook page is barren Facebook fans divagate are efficient company's produce or services. BoostMySocials.com recognizes this, clause targeted Facebook pot-head packages, unstintingly Facebook invites, behove sized trafficking campaign. Their bop networks, C their packet selections, patrons sized or for their execrable bonus their expectation or brand. Following who wants nearby their music, round corporations merchandising their on touching people. Take My Socials provides run networking back tabled their web design client's ripsnorting results, in the air prices attainable online.Apart round these, shindy networking sites are grave their dexterity database, plus messages be beneficial to users match up post. This is for Facebook. Users keister their own up to Facebook fans, on touching their contribute them. Companies healthy way networking sites zephyr Facebook faculty customers, added their campaigns regarding niches or groups be beneficial to people. perform this effectively, clean targeted Facebook fans has on touching page. Often invites are sent follower page, pretty their Facebook fans.

11.  Aishwarya Narayan          3/31/2014 2:17:49 PM
I want to introduce File net tool in my organization, request you to please let me know the cost/year so i can be helpful

thanks & regards
Ankur

10.  Sunil          11/18/2013 3:53:30 AM
Please provide filenet study material?

9.  L.Venkatreddy          11/11/2013 3:40:03 AM
hi,
i got job in a small company recently.i have knowledge on java.they told me they want to train me on "file net" .i don't know the information about file net.so plz give me an advice for my situation.and is it demand in today's market?
thank u.............

8.  vamshi krishna p          7/3/2013 7:53:42 AM
hi,
i got job in a small company recently.i have knowledge on java.they told me they want to train me on "file net" .i dont know the information abt file net.so plz give me an advice for my situation.and is it demand in today's market?
thank u.............

7.  ramesh chotipelly          7/2/2013 10:15:25 AM
hai,
i am ramesh i have a doubt i.e.,we have different databases in market but here so many companys are prefere filenet database only why? plz explain me.

6.  sairam          3/7/2013 3:13:54 AM
Hi,
Am working on java am looking forward to learn FILE NET application. But don't know where to start n how to start can u plz guide me.

5.  pravakar kumar          12/30/2012 9:10:39 AM
IBM FileNet P8 product suite comes with a set of Enterprise Content Management (ECM) and Business Process Management (BPM) tools which helps organization of all sizes to manage the content (i.e. documents) and complex business process built around the content.

Popular products which comes with FileNet P8 Suite includes Content Engine (CE) - to manage content (i.e. documents), Process Engine (PE) - to manage business processes (i.e. workflows) and Application Engine (AE) - which provides presentation layer to both process and content.

With Love,
Pravakar

4.  Anu          12/26/2012 10:26:03 AM
Hi,

3.  shiv          12/17/2012 1:19:34 AM
Hi,

2.  R. Spike          12/15/2012 7:01:55 AM
I am a retired English teacher providing my products gratus.
Presently I am having problems with someone or something
invading my system here in Colombia. "File.net" and
"File Net Technology" is new to me. Perhaps with
this I will go from the "frying pan into the fire!?!

I wellcome your comments and suggestions!

I am not registered with "File.Net".

1.  Roshan          8/24/2011 3:25:36 AM
Hi

Please let me know what is the best Performanace Testing Tool for Filenet Desktop Application (win32 Application).

If it is Load Runner , which protocal have to use.

Please guide me

Thanks
Roshan

Name*  You are not currently logged in. Please Login. (Not a registered user? Join us today.)
Email*
Comment*
Verify Code: Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code   Load New Code
Enter Verify Code:

Please Note: All comments are screened by FileNetP8.com staff members. Please read the rules before posting.

All views and opinions expressed in reader comments are solely those of the individual submitting the comment, and not those of the FileNetP8.com or its staff.

Home  |  FileNet Discussions  |  FileNet Links  |  FileNet Articles  |  FileNet FAQ's  |  FileNet In News
Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Join Us  |  Sitemap
FileNetP8.com (C). All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: This site is not affiliated with or sponsored by IBM (International Business Machines Corp.)